Health Options continues to update policies and make coverage adjustments so Members impacted by COVID-19 can receive essential treatment, and our provider partners can gain additional capacity to address the increasing pandemic-induced volume. These changes include:
- Providing information to Members about expanded resources for no-cost testing through statewide "swab and send" sites. These 22 sites operate under several models, including drive up, drive through, mobile, and office settings, offering specimen collection free of charge to any individuals who believe they may have COVID-19 or could have been exposed to the virus, with or without symptoms. Samples are sent to the Maine CDC’s Health and Environmental Testing Laboratory.
- Expanding the waiver of Member cost-sharing provisions to include medical costs for COVID-19 admissions at an in-network hospital (effective March 12, 2020 throughout the duration of the public health emergency).
- Waiving cost-sharing for COVID-19 diagnostic testing (regardless of location) and associated fees, and reimbursing providers at in-network rates for COVID-19-related hospital admissions.
- Advising Members to contact their provider’s office for medical advice about their coronavirus symptoms and take advantage of telemedicine services where offered.
- Modifying Prior Approval procedures and Coding guidelines.
- Enhancing Telemedicine Interim Billing Guidelines.
Please know how much we appreciate your dedication to delivering healthcare services and for everything you have done, and continue to do, to alleviate the pandemic.
If you have questions, contact Provider Relations at (207) 402-3347 or email@example.com.